When balancing the tire, specified counter weights are used in exact locations creating an equal weight or force distribution which eliminates the vibration you feel while driving your car.
Considering the cost of your tires, periodic balancing is a small investment that pays big dividends now and in the future. Even if you can’t feel a vibration now the tires are still wearing unevenly and may have minute vibrations which will eventually increase over time causing a shortened tire lifespan.
When should you balance your tires?
- When purchasing new tires
- While performing a tire rotation
- While repairing a flat tire
- Any sudden impact while driving (potholes)
- Any sudden or “skid” stopping (flattens a small portion of the tread)
- Any hard acceleration (may cause tire to wheel slip)
- Experiencing a vibration in your vehicle
- When combined with proper tire inflation, tire rotation, balancing and wheel alignment will ensure your tires wear and ride smoothly over time.
Call 610-384-2864 and make an appointment today with Extra Mile Auto Service and we’ll let you know exactly what tire maintenance should be done to your vehicle.